Van der Walt Logistics (Namibia) (Pty) Ltd., a fully Namibian owned company, with its Head Office in Walvis Bay, the capital of the Erongo Region and was founded in 2018 with its main purpose to distribute containerized and break-bulk cargo throughout Namibia.
Over the past years the company has established itself as a reputable and reliable entity in the transport market that has offered an exceptional service to its customers without failure in all their cross-border transport needs.
The company personnel is all Namibian and is well equipped and thoroughly trained for the various tasks to manage and maintain a company catering such a specialized service to the public.
Van der Walt Logistics (Namibia) (Pty) Ltd. specialize in operations in Namibia and we do employ automated administrative and information technology tools. All vehicles are equipped with and being monitored by means of a specialized satellite tracking system to ensure safe and effective management of the fleet and cargo conveyed.
Health, Safety and the Environment
The safety and the health of our workforce are paramount since the employees are the primary building blocks of the company and are therefore the link to a secured and successful future of the company.
As a an operator, Van der Walt Logistics (Namibia) (Pty) Ltd. have a responsibility to our country and its citizens to ensure a healthy and clean environment for its descendants and future development.
Van der Walt Logistics (Namibia) (Pty) Ltd. will not render any service or offer any transportation while compromising the Health and Safety of our internal and external stakeholders and/or the Environment.
Every activity is subject to safety assessment and mitigating measures instituted.
The following systems and policies are in place to ensure our policy of “zero tolerance to ill health and safety”;
- regular alcohol and drug tests (all employees)
- periodical fitness tests for heavy vehicle operators
- annual defensive driving training for heavy vehicle operators
- quarterly driver training and assessments
- comprehensive Driver Manual for heavy vehicle operators
- HIV Aids counseling and support through the Walvis Bay Corridor Initiative
- first aid kits on all company vehicles and property
- electronic speed control installed on all company vehicles
- regular service of all equipment (moving and stationary) and scrutinizing and assessment of all company vehicles on a fortnightly basis
- Accident Reporting Policy
- Insident Reporting Policy
- Driving Times and Resting Policy
- Safety Wear Policy
The Van der Walt Logistics Operations Office in Walvis Bay is on standby and ready to act 24/7 to assist all heavy vehicle operators in case of any emergency. The following systems and policies are in place to ensure the fluent movement of cargo and effective problem solving;
- identifying and enforce control of Unauthorized and Danger Zones
- Traffic Flow Management – avoiding rush hours and visibility impaired situations prior departure of vehicle
- 24/7 vehicle movement monitoring system
- Emergency Response Plan
- 24/7 mobile communication with all heavy vehicle operators
- Consignment Collecting, Transport and Delivery Policy
Van der Walt Logistics (Namibia) (Pty) Ltd. vows to continue its vision to be the preferred Local Transporter that one can rely on. We will keep developing our personnel, infrastructure, business opportunities and the corridors we serve to satisfy the needs of all our esteemed clients and business partners.